Hello

New to the Forum or to Seahorse? Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
New2CDRiverina
Baroness
Baroness

Hello

Postby New2CDRiverina » March 23rd, 2017, 9:58 am

Hello there all!. First & foremost many thanks for accepting my application to join the forums. I'm John, and have only been dressing since last December which is also when I first discussed wearing feminine clothing with my wife. I guess Im lucky in a way having never had to hide my interest in dressing enfemme. It all started during the last heatwave when I mentioned to my wife that I was envious of her cool billowing dresses catching the breeze, unlike my elastic waisted shorts & belted jeans etc. One thing led to another, and now I have a slowly expanding wardrobe of ladies clothing, both outerwear and under that we have shared shopping for. I do find that connecting up with like minded people is problematic, we live in the North Eastern Riverina in a very small village & consequently my "coming out" has the potential to cause issues, not only by virtue of the inherent conservatism in the bush, but also at a professional level, as a consequence, privacy will be an issue for some time to come. Not withstanding the above, I am really enjoying the opportunity to savour some nicely tailored and wonderfully coloured clothing that resides in my own wardrobe. I look forward to hearing from any local girls!!..
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Re: Hello

Postby Kate » March 23rd, 2017, 12:35 pm

Welcome

If your closer to the Victorian side of the Riverina then Seahorse victoria may have some connections closer to you. If your in NSW there is bound to be some around Wagga etc. I know for a fact there is at least one reasonably visible trans individual in the Wagga-Albury region.

You come out if and when your ready. I suspect you will find people are more accepting than you think. Have a look at SBS website and the Sexuality section (I know it's not a sexuality issue for you necessarily but that is where SBS lumps all the LGBTQI+ resources and stories).

I'm a trans* veterinarian in regional NSW and we have had minimal backlash from our local or professional community despite the fact they don't quite get it. In all likelihood if you did come out and you are well established in the area, I'm guessing your 50+ yr old gentleman, most people in your community would probably just think it was a bit of a quirk, odd maybe but harmless enough.

Best wishes
Genevieve
Duchess
Duchess

Postby Genevieve » March 23rd, 2017, 6:54 pm

Hi John
Welcome to the forum. It's interesting to hear different ways crossdressing comes into ones life - hope you continue to enjoy.
Genevieve
New2CDRiverina
Baroness
Baroness

Postby New2CDRiverina » March 27th, 2017, 9:33 am

Thank you Kate and Genevieve for your welcome to the forums. Thanks Kate for your comments, they are valuable to me. I guess I've jumped the biggest perceived hurdle in talking all this through with my wife, so by comparison coming out maybe isn't the biggest thing I've had to face in my life after all. I'm still thinking over what name to adopt & am aware that my given name doesn't quite fit the theme of Seahorse. Kindest regards: John
Genevieve
Duchess
Duchess

Postby Genevieve » April 2nd, 2017, 2:24 pm

I'm not sure about the name thing. I use a femme name because it seems right but I also reckon if someone wants to use a male name that's fine too.
New2CDRiverina
Baroness
Baroness

Postby New2CDRiverina » April 3rd, 2017, 9:23 am

Appreciate your comments Genevieve, I wasn't sure if adopting a femme name was really needed onsite, but looking back across many past posts it does appear to be "de rigueur" & I'm ok with doing so. I just need to find a name that suits me when enfemme.
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Kate » April 5th, 2017, 11:56 am

It's not a bad place to try on a name. I've had 2 names on this website over the years, an older name which was a modification of my birth name and my current name which is my real and legal name. For some names are important, for others less so. It's up to you but it can be quite empowering and validating when you finally get your name to match what you feel like.
New2CDRiverina
Baroness
Baroness

Postby New2CDRiverina » April 18th, 2017, 9:54 am

I guess I will try a name to suit, I agree it could be empowering as you say. At the moment my wife and I are discussing who in our circle of friends I could possibly come out to, my wife suggested that we could invite a couple for dinner and adopt opposite gender roles for the night. That may well be interesting and fun!.
tarawb
Queen
Queen

Postby tarawb » July 27th, 2017, 10:28 pm

Hi John,

I grew up in the Riverina, Batlow to be precise and my family still lives in Wagga. I do get down that way occasionally to see the family.

Tara

Return to “Introductions Forum”