Hi, I'm Branwen

New to the Forum or to Seahorse? Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
Branwen
Viscountess
Viscountess

Hi, I'm Branwen

Postby Branwen » March 29th, 2016, 11:05 am

Hi, like the title says, I'm Branwen, I'm a transgirl in the Sydney area 3 months into therapy. My therapist pointed me towards Seahorse as a way of progressing and after a month of working out if Seahorse was for me, I joined. Despite help from my girlfriend who is also trans but further along than me, I have very little idea where to start when it comes to clothes. :? But I'm working on it, naturally.

I'm sure it will be nice meeting you all. :D
lauren
Princess
Princess

Re: Hi, I'm Branwen

Postby lauren » March 29th, 2016, 12:51 pm

hi branwen and welcome to seahorse,i only joined last September myself and have only become a financial member recently , the girls on this site are very helpful and encouraging and I cant wait to meet them myself,i just have to work up a little bit more courage to attend a meeting,i know I would love it...so hello to you branwen and I hope to eventually meet you
Jacinta Coysh
Viscountess
Viscountess

Postby Jacinta Coysh » March 30th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Hi, Branwen,
I am just your garden variety crossdresser. I can't pass, but my wardrobe is very eclectic.
I have a female shrink, and she is encouraging me to continue to dress.
Otherwise, I am keen to chat, I am en femme all the time at home, I only wear boy clothes when I go to the shops.
Love.
Jacinta.
Branwen
Viscountess
Viscountess

Postby Branwen » March 31st, 2016, 1:12 am

Pleasure to meet you both!

It would be nice to meet you too, Lauren, I'm sure we will at some point since we're relatively close. My girlfriend lives on the central coast too, it's a small-ish world. :)

Yeah, I've got a lot of work to do before I can pass, Jacinta. I only have, like, one dress at the moment which is much cause for excitement for nobody but me, heh. At the risk of sounding trite, you do you, as long as we're happy is the important thing.
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Kate » March 31st, 2016, 10:46 am

Welcome Branwen

Where does your name come from? It sounds like it has Celtic roots. My wife's heritage is Irish, mine bog standard english (though a long time in Aus, 5 or 6 generations).

You will see posts from me throughout the forums and can find out about me there. Due mostly to family commitments (we have 3 small children) and distance (we live about 400km from Sydney on the south coast) I don't tend to get to many meetings. I joined Seahorse about 5 yrs ago. I transitioned (MTF TS) late last year and now live full time legally, work, and personally as Kate.

There are lots of girls with lots of experience here. Feel free to ask lots of questions and hopefully get some helpful advice.

Cheers

Kate :)
Branwen
Viscountess
Viscountess

Postby Branwen » March 31st, 2016, 9:42 pm

-scratches back of head sheepishly- Yeah, Branwen comes from the Mabinogi, or possibly from Tristan & Iseult. Welsh Bran = Raven and wen = fair, white or blessed. It's probably linked to, or at least is similar to, Bronwyn. My girlfriend, being very keen on Japanese, translated it to 'Miyu' (pretty much the same meaning) which is the name of a favourite anime character of ours and the confluence was just too hard to pass up. :)

Well that and I think it's a pretty name, though I had doubts at first about names starting with B. I thought I was more of a K or N-something.

Wow, 400km would put you down Melbourne-way! Nice to hear everything's worked out for you and thanks for the welcome. :)
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Kate » April 1st, 2016, 12:30 pm

No worries.

I actually quite like the name as well. Not stupid but also modern enough that you don't sound like a grandma. It's nice.

Funny how names come up. For a long time I used a different name on the seahorse forums but it was really always a construct and never was my "name". Kate was probably the name we would have called our 3rd child if he had been born "female".
Dana
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Dana » April 1st, 2016, 10:31 pm

Hi Branwyn, welcome to the forum, and hope to see you at a meeting soon.
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Christine Parker » April 2nd, 2016, 9:28 am

Hi Branwen

Welcome aboard.
Christine Parker
Seahorse Webmistress and Forum Administrator.
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/christine.html
Jennyw
Duchess
Duchess

Postby Jennyw » April 14th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Welcome

Return to “Introductions Forum”